Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hunt & Darton Cafe - Café Art!

We have an Art Café openned 3 or 4 doors from the shop - for just 4 weeks.

The idea of 'Art', I was going to say 'not quite traditional', but then, who can define Art for another perceiver?

The two ladies 'running the scheme' dress in Pineapple print dresses, each wearing a Pineapple Top on their heads. they have a London 2012 grant to open the café, which is touring the UK, hence being in Cambridge just 4 weeks. Their daily balance sheet is 'Artistically' displayed on the large wall chalkboard, when I was in several folk were engaged in Napkin Art. The 'Blurb' says your receipt will be artistic too, but I was not offered one.

One waitress was on a break, or maybe peforming, whilst I was in there - she sat manikin like, legs crossed, in an artistic pose, topped off with her pineapple headgear, in the window - maybe hoping to attract the attention and intrigue of passersby.

Still, it is pretty zaney, I wonder what they will be doing with pictures taken on disposable cameras. Intruige will bring me back, and of course the very friendly chatty atmosphere encouraged. I will, no doubt, report more...

Read more about this artistic enterprise either in Cambridge News or on their Facebook Page

No comments: