Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tilting at Windmills

At the time of writing I am in Holland, it is proving a great place to relax, recharge, pray, read and study the bible - and to sit and chat by roaring log fires.

This morning I went out to explore, like an adventurer into the unknown. I do not speak Dutch, so unable to chat with folk as they pass by, but their friendly sounding greetings did warm my gait.


I wandered around a pond, across a bridge, along a canal and past a heron. He decided to fly off when I went to say hello, I did though get a picture of him before he left.




Maybe when I get home I will crop the picture to get a better view...

Further along was the windmill, always fascinating to visit these - maybe before I leave I will go again in dry weather with my sketch pad.


Continuing, passed by many cycles (a great dutch activity) I crossed over a few dykes and eventually returned by a different waterway passing the Town Farm with the same windmill lurking through the trees, was he waiting to ambush me?


This, I think was my really favourite view so far today.

My study this morning was in Luke, my third day on Chapter 1 verses 1-38. So thoroughly struck by Mary's phrase, 'Behold the handmaiden of the Lord, be it unto me according to thy word.' KJV. "
I am so in agreement,  and repeat -

I am your servant O Lord, may it be to me as you lead. 
Amen

No comments: