Friday, November 17, 2006

Jeremiah & the Bullet Proof Vest...

This mornings Explore took me into the depths of Jeremiah.
1:5
Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you,
Before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Jeremiah was an ordinary bloke, yet God knew him before he was concieved, and had set J apart for his ministry for God.
Likewise, God knew us way before our parents thunk us up.

And then, Jeremiah 1:17 - 19,
as they mentioned in the study notes - "God is better than a bullet proof vest."
"Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be teriffied by them, or I will terrify you before them....."
"They will fight against you, but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.

No comments: